The Essential Bag Company is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.essentialbagcompany.co.uk, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy and our Terms and Conditions.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Essential Bag Company, 27 Napier Avenue, London, SW6 3PS.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
(i) Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site www.essentialbagcompany.co.uk (our Site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our newsletters, place an order on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, home address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone numbers. Credit and debit card information are entered directly into Paypal’s systems and are neither transmitted nor held on our systems. In certain circumstances, we may be required to collect and store additional data including credit card details. This will only be done with your explicit consent. Additionally we may also obtain additional information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and let you know the status of your order.
(ii) Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
There are four types of cookies:
Website functionality cookies
These cookies enable you to browse the website and use our features such as shopping baskets and wish lists.
Website analytics cookies
We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the website. This allows us to continuously improve our website and your shopping experience.
Customer preference cookies
When browsing or shopping online, the website will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit the site in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available atwww.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Site.
3. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
(i) Information you give to us. We will use this information:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form); and
· to notify you about changes to our service.
(ii) Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
· to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
(iii) Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
(i) Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
(ii) Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 women aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
(iii) Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
(i) In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
(ii) If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Essential Bag Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at The Essential Bag Company, 13 Dolby Road, London SW6 3NE or email@example.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.